Car Battery Replacement: Albuquerque NM
Your battery is responsible for getting your car started. Meaning, if it’s low on power, you’ll know it. Still, how can you tell if your car needs a battery replacement or if just a jump will do?
Drivers in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and South Valley can read about the warning signs of a truly dead battery and how to take care of them with convenient car battery replacements below.
Signs You May Need a New Car Battery If…
- Your Car is Slow to Start: Hear a clicking or cranking noise when you turn the key in the ignition? Is your engine slow to turn over? If so, a battery replacement may be in your near future. Get your vehicle tested by a professional so you know it’ll always start.
- Your Battery Warning Light is On: Don’t forget to pay attention to these tell-tale signals from your car! Seeing the battery light or even the check engine light come on could mean your car battery’s charge is very low—proceed with caution.
- Your Battery is Bloated or Has Corrosion: If you happen to be checking on things under the hood and catch sight of your battery in a stressed state, either bulging from its case or with white and gritty buildup (called corrosion) around the terminals, your battery needs some TLC.
- Your Battery is Up in Age: If you’ve been driving your car for a few years now, it pays to keep count. The average new car battery lasts between three and five years, so once you’ve had your car for three years, have its performance tested each year to ensure a timely replacement.
Albuquerque Car Battery Replacement Services
When your battery is getting old or showing signs of diminished performance, being proactive about getting it replaced is key! Count on Jaguar Albuquerque for all your battery services. With top-notch OEM car batteries and a skilled technician team to get it securely replaced and up and running, you’ll be back to exploring Rio Rancho and South Valley in no time.
In addition to providing you with high-quality car battery replacements for your Jaguar F-PACE, F-TYPE, or XF in our service center, DIY types out there can enjoy special delivery—we’ll ship new batteries to you if you prefer to handle the replacement yourself.
Steps to Extend the Life of Your Car Battery
Now that you’re on the road to a replacement, check out these tips that will help you get the most out of your new car battery:
- Keep Your Trip Lengths Varied: Frequent, short trips of 10 minutes or less will diminish battery power faster and can add up to a shorter lifespan over time. Try to mix a few longer drives into your routine, and as for those close-by around the corner drives, consider walking or biking if it’s safe to do so.
- Disconnect Devices When You Leave the Car: Take care to turn off your vehicle’s interior and exterior lights and unplug charging cables to avoid draining the battery while the car’s off.
- Consider Insulation: If your old battery met its demise due to overheating, investing in insulation can help keep your new battery protected in extreme temperatures.
Have a question? Don’t hesitate to reach out to the battery replacement pros at Jaguar Albuquerque. Schedule car battery service with us today!