Brake Repair near Me
Brakes are perhaps one of the most important components of your vehicle. Not only do your brakes allow you to adjust your speed, but they’re also your last line of defense when avoiding an automotive collision.
However, in order for your brakes to be effective and fully functioning, you’ll need to have regular brake checks and brake services throughout the years, and you’ll need to have certain components replaced when necessary.
Staying ahead of brake repair is important, so here at Jaguar Albuquerque, we’re here to help you learn why you have squeaking brakes, what the grinding sound when you brake is, and when you’ll need to have them repaired.
Continue reading to learn when drivers like you in the Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and South Valley areas should seek out brake repair near you.
What Components are in My Braking System?
The brakes on your vehicle utilize a few crucial parts to function properly at slowing your vehicle or stopping it in time. However, your braking function depends on the quality of these parts and the condition that they’re in. Your braking system includes:
- Brake pads: These parts are responsible for creating the friction to help reduce the speed of your vehicle. They’re pressed against the rotor in an effort to slow the movement. While these parts are crucial to the braking system, they’re meant to wear down over time, so you’ll need to stay on top of their condition to know when to get a brake pad
- Brake rotors: Rotors are attached to the wheel and help reduce the movement of the wheels when the pads press against them.
- Brake calipers: The calipers are clamps that force the pads to press against the rotors when you’re applying pressure to the brake pedal.
- Brake fluid: The brake fluid is important because it helps the whole system function when you’re pressing the pedal.
How Can I Tell If I Need Brake Services?
Like most of the components included with your vehicle, there are a few signs that you can look out for that tell you when you’ll need to schedule brake services near you soon. All you have to do is keep an eye and ear out to spot some of these signs:
- Vehicle vibration when braking: If you feel vibrations in the steering wheel or when you apply the brakes, this could mean that the rotors are wearing unevenly.
- Car pulling to one side: If this happens when you brake, then there could be an issue with the brake calipers. One caliper may be applying more pressure while braking, which could result in an unbalanced stopping.
- Squeaking and grinding: Your brake pads are fitted with wear indicators, which emit a high-pitched squeak when pressed against the rotors. This sound indicates that you’ll need a brake pad change.
- Lack of brake pedal resistance: If your brakes feel squishy, it could mean that you’ve got air in your brake lines and you’ll need to bleed your brakes to correct the issue.
- Burning smell while driving: You may smell a strong chemical odor when applying the brakes. If so, then the brakes or clutch could be overheating. You’ll want to pull over in a safe spot to double-check that the parking brake is fully released and to let the brakes cool down. Otherwise, they could overheat and cause an engine failure.
- Brake dashboard symbol: When you see this light appear on your dashboard, it means that there was an issue detected by the on-board computer.
Where to Get a Brake Replacement
If your vehicle is experiencing any of the above warning signs, then you’ll want to schedule brake service as soon as possible.
At our state-of-the-art service center near Albuquerque, our technicians will take a look at every part of your car’s braking system. If it needs a simple repair, we’ll take care of it quickly and efficiently to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
If anything has to be replaced, we’ll use genuine OEM parts to do so. These are the same parts used to build the automobile. Therefore, the part will fit inside the car perfectly, and it’ll help keep you safe on the road for a long time.
Scheduling Brake Repair near Me
Knowing when you need brake services to get your braking system repaired is important, considering how vital this system is to your vehicle and your safety. When you’ve picked up on any of the previously mentioned warning signs, your next step should be scheduling auto brake repair near you.
When that time comes, you can always give us a call at Jaguar Albuquerque. Our brake shop technicians are here to help you by providing the necessary repairs, so you can continue your journey out on the road.
Schedule brake repair service with us today! We’re always happy to help drivers in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and South Valley with their automotive service needs.